I acknowledge that I bounce around in my studies because it is a form of stress relief.
Frustrated with the hard work of figuring out how to form Korean sentences?
- pop over and see if you got some email
- check for Facebook posts
- read a website article (or two or three …)
- see what’s new in the news
- text a friend
- comment on a discussion forum
- see the headlines on a Korean fan site
- play Spider Solitaire
- grab a snack
- spend 20 minutes making one flashcard
- draw a cartoon
- write a blog post
- listen to KPop or “Catch the Wave”
- see Hyunwoo Sun do a handstand trick
- laugh at funny animal videos
- watch a Hulu video (The Blacklist and Sleepy Hallow are back!)
- obsess over whatever you are researching/following
- run errands, pay bills, houseclean, or whatever real life demands
- dash to the convenience store for milk
Why am I so stressed out?
Do all these distractions actually help relieve stress, or does it only delay the problem and compound it?