Ah ha! Verbs in Present Tense explained. Thank you!
You’ll know which are the verbs because they always have attached –다 at the end. These are the rules for conjugating verbs into the present tense in the –요.
- Remove the –다 so you’re left only with the verb stem. Ex. 가다 (to go) → 가
- Depending on the whether it ends in vowel or consonant you will add the following to the verb stem:
- If its final vowel is ㅏor ㅗ, you will add to the stem –아요. If it already ends in 아 you just add –요. Ex. 가다→가요.
- In the case it ends in the vowelㅗ, it’ll always become 와. Ex. 보다 (to look) →봐요.
- If it ends in a consonant, you simply add the –아요. Ex. 같다→같아요.
3. If it’s all the other vowels, you will add to the verb stem –어요. If it already ends on –어, it just replaces it. In this one depends on…
View original post 121 more words