At my request, I am starting my tutor sessions focused on pronunciation. Others might say to just listen and practice speaking, and eventually it will sink it. That might be true, but I am in silence most of the time. I do not speak nor listen often enough. Plus, I started with Romanization and my own guesses at how to pronounce things. I am THRILLED to have someone actually listening and correcting me.
I won’t bore you with all the details. Suffice it to say that this week, I am going to be focused on reviewing the basics of pronunciation.
- Korean Digital Academy’s class 1 & 2 with the letter combination charts
- Survival Korean audio CD 1 covering the sounds of Hangul
- Busy Atom’s pronunciation videos
- Review of Pronunciation rules
- Listening to audio tutor provided of the Korean folk tale
- Continuing to listen to Secret Garden episode 1 for the sound of Korean
- Plus probably surf the web for other resources like Talk To Me In Korean
- Maybe even get up the courage to try a little practice on my long suffering Korean mentor/friends (nah … that’s crazy talk. get better at it then surprise them.)
How have you learned to pronounce Korean? Do you have any suggestions of resources I could use?