Language learning can do a lot for your well-being.
- Because it’s easy. In this crazy, unpredictable world, what is simpler than doing flashcards?
- Because it’s a challenge. Learning a new language is an intellectual stimulation.
- Because it builds confidence. In pursuit of learning a langauge, you expand your comfort level and try new things like online chats, making videos, and writing in a blog.
- Because it keeps us from becoming overconfident. There is always something new to surprise you, even with a lot of experience with the language.
- Because it’s predictable. Put in the effort, and you will learn.
- Because it’s unpredictable. You never know where an opportunity to use your new language will pop up, or what new doors it will open for you.
- Because language is beautiful. Learning gives you an appreciation for words and for the people who speak them.